Monday, July 30, 2012

A Fresh Start



Last month I decided I would begin writing about what scares me. Doing this left me feeling very tired, sad, and my heart hurt. I would rather spend more time on what I enjoy. This coming semester I'll be taking a product design class, a sketching for animators and illustrators class, and hopefully a composition class. I'm also feeling very excited about performing stand up more often as well as looking into improv and sketch comedy. The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in LA offers opportunities in all those areas and I'm looking forward to taking classes there soon.

In four years, I'll be 35. I'll be entering a new demographic. Before that happens I would like to take classes in Storyboarding, Animation, Improv, Writing/Performing Sketch Comedy, audition for a commercial or two, go to a casting call, write a pilot script for a sitcom episode, finish writing and illustrating my 'muckaluck the duck' book . . . If I can do all of that within the next four years and see where that takes me, that would be very nice. In the meantime, I feel very fortunate to have my administrative assistant job.

I would rather do something poorly with friends than do something well on my own. And the goal is to eventually be doing something well with friends :) I want to stay on track with drawing and writing/performing and if any of you would be so kind as to remind me of that when it looks like I'm going off track. My sister told me I'm the happiest she's ever seen me since I started taking art classes. I'm very thankful to have found friends and a path I can enjoy, appreciate, and grow on.


I'll posting most of my updates on my Facebook page. Please follow me there :) www.facebook.com/ihearlikethis

No comments:

Post a Comment